Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Being a Mom {Keeping your kids busy at Christmas}


Given a choice, my son will play video games until his eyes cross!

So at some point, we make him unplug.

He squawks a bit and carries on, but then I say this...

 "I think I saw an ornament has fallen off of your tree."

He runs into his room and begins to tinker with is tree.
 
He will be in there for 30 minutes or longer

...tinkering.....

.....happily.....

......allowing me to get something done.......

He is always on the look-out for plastic ornaments to add to his little tree.

I am happy to buy him a $1 ornament for 30 minutes of peace and quiet.
Another thing my hubby does is he brings in 4 folding chairs. We place a pile of blankets

next to the chairs and my son will make forts all day long!

He brings snacks in there and will even watch a movie on our tiny DVD player.

Of course, then we all have to get into the tent, but this is what memories are made of!


You know what else is a memory for me... The year my family recorded a Christmas Album.
My mother sang the "5 golden rings part" of the song, and let me tell you I will never forget it.
I actually do a great impersonation of her opera-like interpretation of the line.
My hubby begs me to do this just for fun... I always indulge him... almost always...
So what are you going to win today????


  
You get a choice. 
 American Symbols is first grade or beginning second grade.
More Than One is 1st-3rd
Here is how to win
Follow this blog and Comment
1. What name do you follow under?
2. Email address, please.
3. Tell me which unit would you like to win?
Remember the Gigantic Giveaway Galore is going on now too.
Comment here and then head over there for the 33 blogger giveaway.


12 comments:

  1. Yes. Building forts will keep them BUSY BUSY for hours! Love the tree tinkering! So fun to read!!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow as Bren P.
    My email address is The.Teacher.Diaries.K4@gmail.com
    I would like to win the American Symbols unit.

    Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow your blog! Would love to win the More than One Unit! I follow under rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog as Miss V's Busy Bees (aka Sara), my e-mail address is ventrellasara@gmail.com, and I'd love your American Symbols unit! It's super useful and jam-packed with resources.

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little boy is so cute!! I follow under the name susanlulu. (susanlulu@yahoo.com) I don't know which I had rather win, but I guess the plural one. My 2nd graders have trouble with this. Thanks for all you do to help other teachers like me!!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow you as Cherie Mae Ong. I would love the More than One unit.

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow you as "Cindy Del Valle" and my email is cdelvalle81@gmail.com. I would love both, but if I had to choose, I'd pick the 'American Symbols" unit!

    Cindy
    Primary Reading Party

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow as Cecilia Bartram and would love your More Than 1 unit.
    cbartram@kitcarsonschool.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. littlelori0411

    littlelori0411@yahoo.com

    I would love both but since I have to choose, I would pick More Than One.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both great but I'd love the plural nouns.

    I follow under Bex Mawn

    Rmawn30@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow as Becky from Compassionate Teacher.

    hoffman.rebecca@att.net.

    I would love to win the Plural Nouns unit because I am teaching that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow as Special Teacher for Special Kids

    American Symbols would be great.

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top