Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

March 26, 2014

Domestic Goddess Attempt {Painting}

IMG_8279
The laundry room was horrid. It was the color "sidewalk chalk yellow" or "smoggy daffodil" I don’t know the name of the color, but I KNEW it had to go. Buh-bye bad and hello Tiffany Blue, thanks to Home Depot color matching!
Ok, I have some fun tips for my fellow DIY pals and aspiring Domestic Goddesses. Are you ready?
Tip #1: The Shur-Line Edger is a $4 wonder tool
IMG_8282 I am evangelical about this. You can edge your whole room in 20 minutes, I.kid.you.not. The DIY angels are singing.
IMG_8287
I love it!!! This is how we roll. I am no professional, but I get the job done. You want to work fast so that your edging line does not dry. I edge, the little guy below paints.
#2 Enlist all willing helpers, no matter the age (within reason).
IMG_8289
A few more tips. #3 ventilate the room and #4 wear painting clothes.
IMG_8306
I don’t mean clothes that can get dirty. I mean painting clothes. These are the clothes I wear every.single.time.I.paint. I keep them in the bottom drawer of my dresser along with a note to remind myself not to cuss during DYI because “It’s fun! Right??? RIGHT!!!” My top always stays clean, but the pants, oh the pants. I wipe my hands on them all day long!
Fun Tip #5 The Perfect Baseboard
IMG_8323
IMG_8325
IMG_8336
#6 If you get a little paint on a white ceiling, just use a little white out to make it disappear.
 IMG_8342 
 IMG_8360
The new machines have arrived, and I cannot wait to show you the fun decorating I have done in there!
Domestic Goddess “PAINTING A Room Badge” Earned!
Another fun painting project is furniture!
Dresser Makeover Refurbish Furniture

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the color!! The white accents really brighten it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!!! Thanks for the tips too. We need to do a hallway repaint in our house.
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award.
    http://albuquerqueamysfirstgraders.blogspot.com/2014/03/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any room painted in Tiffany Blue would make me happy. Even the laundry room...even though it's the worst chore on the face of the planet! Love your tips! Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Katie! You are awesome! I was so blessed to have met you at the meet-up! You are a ray of sunshine and just so sweet! Love your "domestic goddess" projects! You can't go wrong with Tiffany blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the laundry room! That was actually the first room in my house I had to paint so that it was a much cheerier place to be - and our colors are very close, mine is called ocean! Thanks for the white out tip, I will be heading out to the store today to pick some up and fix my ceiling.
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top