Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

February 2, 2013

Five for Friday…or Saturday

I am “tho thick” as my Teeny Tiny friend would say. 

I mean really sick.  This is not the flu, this is torture!

Here is what happened….

One of my students exhaled (in a big huff) 

right in my face on Tues.

{who just did an involuntary shudder or heave?}

{I know I did.}

Guess who did not come to school Wednesday ?

HER!

Guess who went home sick at lunch on Wednesday?

ME!

I deserve hazard pay!

I dragged myself back to work on Thursday and

barely made it though Friday.

b     a     r     e     l     y

At after school duty my admin said, 

“Katie, go home now.

I love you and you are the best teacher 

at this school.”

  Ok, the last part I made up…

 She did tell me to go home, get better, and

that she would finish my duty.

I was so sick I could only get half way

through all my linky parties yesterday…

So I’m linking up with Doodle Bugs a day late.

It’s a good thing they don’t charge,

because I would probably be a dollar short too!

IMG_9272

My class completed our timeline. 

I let them choose which picture

would represent me.  This is not the one I would pick,

but they are happy so

eh…

I’m happy too…

My hips are not that big.

I adore the “Little Love” that drew this.

Having the class vote for her drawing may have been

the highlight of her year.

So, I’m taking one for the team…

We are studying Washington for the week.

IMG_9274

The student art and writing turned out great!

IMG_9276IMG_9277

The student art and writing turned out great!

CoverNewD2

To read more about my American Heroes Unit Click {here}

IMG_9280

This calendar makes me soooo happy!

Chinese New Year on Friday the 8th

100th day on the 12th
Valentines Day the 14th
Training the 19th
And tracking off day the 22nd!

I wrote a post all about year round school

 and tracking off {here}.

If you don’t know what it is, let me tell you…

 It’s a good thing!

IMG_9266

You know what else is a good thing?

This little guy!

He will be celebrating his 100th day as a

 “kinderbear” on Monday.

He was so cute while gluing on the eyes…

After about 10 he would say, ok time to take a break!

I would have to coax him back.

I applied the glue he put the eyes on

 for what seemed like HoUrS.

Of course, as I finished I looked carefully at the package...

The eyes were SELF ADHESIVE!

I told you guys I was sick!!! I can't think straight!

Well, that’s all folks.

This momma needs to head into

the “The Master” as Little Bear calls it

and watch the 70’s TV Show 

“The Land of the Lost” with "The Boys".

It’s our Saturday morning tradition.  

We just bought the whole {corny} series from Amazon.  

They love the show, so I love it.

Product Details

fiveforfriday

Click the pic to head on back to Sweet Doodle Bugs!

Remember the big sale this Sunday!

Click the pic to go shopping in my store.


Sending love to ya’ll as my Texan friends would say!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I hopw you feel better soon! Your sons 100th day hat is adorable. I might have to borrow this idea for our 100th day, which is comming up soon. I would def. turn it into a chart/poster for all of us to contribute to. :)

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this unit! It's great seeing your unit in action. We'll be starting in a couple of weeks. Your stuff is so awesome! I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :) Those George Washingtons are just about the cutest thing ever.

    I also love seeing how kids draw me. I think maybe they just wanted you to be wearing a very puffy skirt. :)


    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun 100th day project! Hope you are feeling better this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate getting sick during this time of the year! Hope you get better soon!
    I'm beginning my presidents study this week and I'm going to be purchasing your American Heroes pack. CANNOT wait to use it!!! The Washington craft looks adorable and filled with learning :)
    Maribel
    Learning In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am follower number 513 and wish I had 513 little googly eyes to pin to a hat and celebrate it like your little man! :) What a fantastic resource your blog is! :) I just found you through the Five for Friday linky and added your American Heroes pack to my wish list! :) Woo hoo for me! ;) We are working on timelines in our classroom too! :) This will be a great support for it! :) Thanks for your hard work! :)
    Regards,
    Tamara
    Mrs. Russell's Room-First Grade
    www.tamaravrussell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry that you are so sick!! I hope you feel better soon!! At least you still have your sense of humor when you are sick!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Five! I don't love feeling sick! Ick! I love the 100 day google-eye hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post...and yes, I did shudder...and absolutely! you deserve hazard pay. Ick. Hope you are feeling much much better :) Heading off to read more about "tracking off" and year round school... sounds like my cup of tea! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found you and really like your blog! Your son's hat is kinda scary looking with all those eyeballs looking out but so cute and funny at the same time! Does that make sense? I look forward to hearing more about your daily teaching adventures! I hate it when they don't do the vampire when they cough or exhale and the wind/air coming out of their mouths just wooshes past your face! Do we need to put sanitizer on our faces too?! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top