Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Surfing Along and Scooping Freebies As You Go

I hope you are having fun " Hangin' 10" with the So Cal girls and scooping up some great freebies along the way.
For some of us in So. Cal school started a month ago. But while my friends were doing their first month of school, I was off track {meaning 1 month off in July, 1 month off in November and 1 month off in March}. I work all the other months of the year. Yep no Spring break or loooooong summer for me. But that's OK I like working 12 weeks, then having 4 off! Anyway I have been loving the beach all summer, until my attic flooded, but that's another story!
Life is a beach... until the attic floods!
Now my house is filled with construction workers, and school it is about to start this week! However, I am approaching life in a ZEN way, and I am trying to enjoy my last few days before I meet my new class of first graders.
IMG_9176
Today,  I'm going to talk with you about first day pictures and give you a photo prop freebie! Are you ready?

The first day of school is so important. It sets the tone for the year, and it's when parents decide if they can trust you to care for their babies! That's why I do my best to make a fun first impression! I leave lots of signs outside my door for the kids to pose with. It sets the stage for the parents that before I even meet their child, I have already prepared something fun and engaging to do while they wait to meet me!

IMG_9175

You can download these "easy print"  signs Here
if you want to do something similar!
Download now new
I get a few printed on foam board at Staples for about $10 per board.
It saves your ink and the quality is unbelievable!Freebie to use for your back to school pictures
I go out well before the bell rings and shake hands, answer questions, and of course take pictures. I think this first impression is the super important. Being out there early shows I care. It shows I am approachable. It shows that I "get it". Not everyone knows where to pick up their child, how they buy lunch, etc... Plus, lets be honest, they just want a cute Facebook and Instagram picture on the first day of school.
This is going to be a great year! I can feel it! I hope you enjoy the freebie and have your best year yet!

Are you ready to scoop up more Freebies? Click the little dude and hop over to Soaring Through Second!



Remember the BIG SALE is coming!!!!



22 comments:

  1. Love this post Katie! I am going to use the ADORABLE "First Day of Pre-K" sign with my littles! I love your first day of school pearls of wisdom! It's going to be a great school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of having something out for taking photos before the bell rigns that first day but it's perfect! Most of my families are taking those pics so having a prop there for them is awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun blog hop! I also love the idea of taking pictures before school on the first day. I'm always out there, but never with my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little one starts kindergarten this year and the photo/sign thing is definitely a tradition we will pick up. I would love to create something beautiful with the photos as she grows :)

    ~Nadya
    New Adventures in Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about this, so fun! Thanks for the great giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all so wonderful for offering these freebies! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic idea! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree; establishing the procedures first sets the tone for the rest of the year!! Thanks for the cute signs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the easiest way to have these printed? I LOVE & APPRECIATE you advice, but I don't know how to send it to the printers! Thanks for your tips. Thanks for putting up with me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to all of you for the fun blog hop !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, Katie! I agree with your tip - get into the curriculum as you teach procedures - I spend 2 weeks on my first story too. :) Thanks for the cute freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these signs! Thank you so much!! I can't wait to use them in my classroom on the first day of school. I agree, teaching procedures is so important, and not worth rushing through. I also make sure to get out early on the first day of school for all of those first day of school pictures!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katie!! YES! I totally agree with starting into that curriculum right away. I mostly do it for myself so I can get right into that routine. "Suspended reality" is the perfect way to describe that first day.
    I'm a SoCal teacher/blogger too, so maybe I'll see you at the Beach Bash! : )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great ideas...love the photo idea...hope the attic gets completed soon:)

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the back to school posters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm ready to shop! Two more weeks of summer for us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable signs Katie!! Thank you! :) And those pics of your family are adorable too!!!

    Soaring Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is ADORABLE!! Thanks so much! I have a request, if you get the time. Could you make one that says "It's the first day of Transitional Kindergarten" (or TK)? Given that it's the first new level in California primary education in over a century (see http://www.earlyedgecalifornia.org/news-media/media-coverage/2012/students-introduced-to-new-tk.html), it's become important for our parents to be able to distinguish between preschool, TK, and kindergarten. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my word these are precious!!!! Thank you for sharing this adorable photo prop!!!! I am loving it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top