Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

February 2, 2014

Bright Ideas !

Oh my goodness. How great is this blog hop?!? One great idea after the next!  But you are also reading 146 posts. So I am going to keep it short and show lots of pictures in my Bright Ideas {organizational secrets} post.  

Some of my secrets have to do with file organization. One is just managing piles, and some of it is, in part, to “gluing” things down! You read that right "gluing" things down!

Best filing System ever
I love to use plastic sheet protectors.  Nothing falls out and they hold a ton. If you have too much to fit in one sleeve, then simply staple multiple sheet protectors together! Below is an entire TpT unit that has been sorted, stapled, and filed.  EASIEST system ever!!!

Organize entire TpT units in plastic sleeves -then staple and file- EASY

Keep stuff at your fingertips and looking neat by (non-permanently) adhering it to hard surfaces using sticky putty. My guided reading table looks perfect every day even though 29 first graders mess with those mats {shown below}. They don't move. Nor does my tape dispenser "walk away". The power of "the putty"!

sticky putty is for more than just files
Usually it is used to hold posters onto a wall, but try using it to keep your:
  • keyboard from slipping around.
  • tape dispenser from moving when you grab tape.
  • desk items from getting pushed around.
  • pencil sharpener from moving
  • equity sticks (name sticks) cup from tipping
  • small group mats in place! They don’t slip, slide, and look perfect every.single.day!
My last tip is:

Keep projects in one spot. I bought 6 containers to stash projects in until I have time to work on them. The bins make my room look thoughtful, neat, and organized. Until I have time to tackle the projects, they look so much better than piles!
Put project piles in little bins- they look better until you have time to get to them

Thanks for visiting me! I had so much fun doing this post that I already know what I am going to talk about next: Bright Ideas for fabulous bulletin boards! I want to share the tips and tricks I have learned to make my bulletin boards shine and get them up fast so I can spend more time with my family! Stay tuned by following via Google, Bloglovin’, or Facebook.


Ready to hop to the next great idea?
Click the graphic below to read how to organize all your supplies!
 

Do you want to hop by grade level? Click below

More Bright Ideas for Lower Grades:

 More Bright Ideas for Upper Grades:

More ideas

28 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using the putty to keep things in place. I am already crazy with velcro in my room but I never thought about using it for table mats or the computer keyboard or even the tape dispenser! You're a genius Katie!

    Alyssha
    Teaching and Tapas: 2nd Grade in Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...LOVE these ideas! The putty idea is GREAT! I have a small basket on my desk that ALWAYS falls over! My problem is NOW solved thanks to you my sweet friend! Thank you for this great post.... Oh...and can you come to my classroom and organize me?? I think you are better at it than me :)

    BIg hugs
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! LOVE the idea of using clear sheet protectors!! You are a genius!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Amanda
    Mrs. Richardson's Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of using sheet protectors instead of file folders! Do they stand up in the drawer as well? I guess with my drawers it wouldn't really matter because I have sooooooo much stuffed into the three filing cabinets in my room!!! Thanks for sharing this tip!
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the absolute worst at piling. I hate piles! So many bright ideas here! Thank you!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of ideas! :) Thank you Katie!! :)
    XOXO,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these ideas, Katie! the project piles are just what I need...I'm the worst with piles!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Such useful ideas! I'm going to incorporate your ideas into my room ASAP. A Classroom Full of Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You are so smart! Getting ready to tackle my project piles!! Thanks, Katie!
    XO
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in LOVE with these ideas! Every one of them!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  11. I file my papers a little differently, but I think the sleeves would work great with what I'm doing this year :) I also love the putty idea, especially for my pencil sharpener :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE sheet protectors I use them for almost everything and now you have shown me a new way!! Mahalo for your excellent ideas. I agree with Anna, can you please come and organize my room?!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome ideas! I'm picking up some putty asap. I've never thought about using it anywhere but the walls! Your blog is gorgeous and always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great, easy ideas to implement! I especially love the page protector idea! Thanks!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  15. Habitual piler, here! Katie, these ideas are fantastic, and your room looks lovely. I love the simple idea of filing by trimester. Brilliant! Thanks.

    Nicole
    Mrs, Rios Teaches Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliance! I am ALL OVER the stash baskets!!!! LOVVVVVVVE!!!
    Could your posts be any cuter? And always such great quality!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at simple! Love, Love ,Love all your ideas and can't wait to browse through your blog to find more! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great organization ideas and your post is presented so beautifully! Thanks for sharing all your bright ideas!
    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought I was single-handedly keeping the plastic sleeve industry in business. It seems you may be helping me! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all of these ideas! Now I just need to go shopping for sheet protectors & putty. Thanks for the great tips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the mats! Are they laminated for students to write on with dry-erase markers while they're with you?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these ideas! I never thought to use plastic sleeves this way. That is a great way to file and organize!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this idea....it is perfect!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the mats. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them. They are poster board wrapped in wrapping paper :0)

      Delete
  25. Every one of your bright ideas is just brilliant! Will be using them all! Thanks for sharing and your post is put together beautifully with all of the headers and photos!

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for all your ideas! Love how you lay out your photos for your posts. Was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing how you do this? Needing pointers!:)
    ilive2learnilove2grow 

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need a "project spot!" What a simple and great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top