Search

We are loving pumpkins!

Oh my word I love this time of year. It has actually been chilly here in Southern California. This, of course, means that all the children will be sick soon because our bodies can’t handle the shock!!! {Sadly this includes my sick little guy, wrapped up in a blanket next to me. Every October I miss at least 4 days of work due to Jackson getting the stomach flu.}
But fall has arrived and we are ready to go with it! Last week we were in full on pumpkin mode on our hallway!
image
Are you dying? How cute right? An entire hallway of pumpkins!!!! Every single pumpkin was different! But they were all adorable! Not one “Funky” pumpkin in the patch. My grade level knows how to make learning fun, and our hallway was filled with amazing student writing!image
In preparation for our walking field trip to the pumpkin patch, I wrote a pumpkin life cycle book. It is just like “My Apple Tree Grows”, and my students are enjoying the quick interactive activity on each page!
Slide11
Teacher to the Core has a new Science unit on pumpkins- informational reading that is accessable to first graders- can I hear an amen
Plus, we are having a whole bunch of fun graphing, rhyming, and doing addition to 10! They even love the tests!
Teacher to the Core has a new Science unit on pumpkins- informational reading that is accessable to first graders- can I hear an amen (3)
But I have to tell you, first grade readers need support. They need vocabulary cards, real photographs, and most importantly they need it to be fun! The art in this unit delighted them and got them writing great descriptive sentences!
Teacher to the Core has a new Science unit on pumpkins- informational reading that is accessable to first graders- can I hear an amen (2)
The book for the class library is so cute. The kids are so excited to get their hands on it!
Teacher to the Core
Click tpt
Don’t miss out on these amazing freebies!!! Click the pictures to get to the blog posts and download the fun!
Slide1
The little baby above is from me and works with any behavior system you already have going in your classroom!
Lisa from Growing Firsties is my just the best. I “lub” her. We are planning to get together soon, and I am a little worried that the “Fun Police” will throw us in the slammer.  We are going to have all kinds of fun. She created a great Columbus day freebie! I love it and I know you will too!
This page is my favorite. It gets my students writing complex sentences and they love sharing their opinions!Who am I kidding? I love sharing opinions too! So what’s your opinion on Halloween?
Is Halloween a dirty word?
{ } yes!
{ } no!
Sorry you can’t actually click your answer, but I am dying to know what you think! Should we be allowed to say the “H” word at school. I have worked in two schools with two extreme views… One school had an annual “H” parade, and my current school is a no “H” zone!
What are your thoughts?
Leave your email with your opinion and Random Sampler will pick a winner to win my new unit!
Roxanne Comment #15 is the winner!