Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

{Recognition and Reminders}

I don’t know about you, but do you ever feel like you are endlessly running to the computer to type a quick note to the parents? Do you feel like a nag about student behavior?  Well I am solving these problems for myself this year!
Posting Picture Files
Last year I would send parents quick daily text messages shouting out the kids who were rocking it. It was great! I did about 2 kids a day.

But then I got to thinking, I wish I could shout them out both to their parents and to their peers! This idea rattled around a while, and so I started reading the text messages to the kids. They loved this even more! But it still wasn't what I wanted…Still more rattling, and now this has come to life! 80 mini awards, or Shout Outs, to end our day!
Slide1
I will be able to praise amazing behavior, effort, and improvement during the last 5 minutes of  class, and the students can take their Shout Outs home! I might start my day this way. I can’t decide!!! Either way I have taken positive reinforcement and made it tangible for my students.

Rocked it

It’s a easy as grabbing an award, writing a name, and giving it to a deserving student! All of my lovebugs will get an award on Day 1.

I have created over 80 recognition notes! Notes shout out rockin’ students,  improvements, reaching goals, helping adults, helping friends, Daily 5 behaviors, helping the sub, and so much more!!!

I don’t want to nag this year. I also want to encourage my lower students.  These kids are making strides, trying, and hoping to be noticed. I feel like more often than not they get noticed in ways they don’t feel good.  I can only imagine how it must feel to grow, but not reach the benchmark or to make huge strides but never catch up.  These are the kids I wrote the improvement notes for. These are the kids that NEED to shine and beam with pride for their efforts toward improving!

Table of C

My second pack is a reminders pack. No more running to the computer (at last recess) to type a note reminding parents that the fundraiser ends tomorrow, registration paperwork is due, Sam the Student needs his school supplies, or that  ______ is tomorrow!
It’s all in this pack!



Parent Reminder Notes

I loaded both units to TpT today!
Both have units freebies in the “Download Preview”!!!
Both have ideas for use and organizing!
A   N   D
I slashed the price so that you do not
have to wait for the B2S sale.
I hope you enjoy!!!!!

Cover for Shout Outs
Click tpt
Slide1
Click tpt
This little freebie is just for you! It is is the preview file for "Reminder Notes" Click here to download. Remember download the preview file.


25 comments:

  1. These are adorable! WHat a great idea! They are on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Love giving every kid an award on day 1!

    Jordan
    Team V's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally brilliant idea!
    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing idea. I've wishlisted it too!
    Wendy
    One Happy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love these! This is going to save me so much time next year and they are super cute!

    Becky
    Lesson Plans & Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love these! They look awesome!!! Do you think these would be appropriate for 5th grade, too? I'm moving from 1st to 5th and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing! I'm scared I'm going to baby them...

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are in my cart and ready to go! Thanks for this! You have officially saved my life! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Literally just starting making these for myself. My, how much time you just saved me!!!! :)
    Yay, yay, YAY!!

    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how much work you put into this and the final product is awesome! You are amazing!
    Justin Knight
    Writing Pad Dad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! Just bought and they are going to save me sooooo much time! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable! They are already in my cart!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katie! I'm so totally enamored by your TPT creations. I wish we taught the same grade. (well, not really. I don't want to teach 1st grade. I love my 4th graders) ; ) But your stuff is so cute, useful and totally my style. I was wondering if I could ask you a question/advice? ( know you're a fellow SoCal, perhaps OC, teacher like me

    Yesterday, I spent the entire afternoon creating my first freebie. WoW! Is it really that time consuming creating all these units? I'm sure it gets easier. But here's what I'm really burning to ask: I have a TON of DJ Inker clipart, graphics, fonts that I've bought over the years. I'd love to use them, but I'm hesitant due to the cost of the commercial licenses I'd need to buy to use them. I don't see any DJ Inkers being used by anyone. Perhaps due to the same reason? I notice a lot of Melonheadz, which I LOVE too. Is there some unspoken secret I don't know about? Please clue me in, as I'm still learning about all this blog, TPT etiquette stuff.
    Thanks, Katie!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this packet it is so cute and a great way to recognize students for doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WooHoo! Meghan Farley just shouted these out on her Currently! BEYOND THRILLED for you, girl!!!!!

    I, too, had to shout you out.

    Love ya, girl!

    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really fabulous! Thank you! I just snagged both sets...so thanks for the sale. :) As soon as I get them printed and ready I will blog about them...I think these little boosts of confidence are so important for some of our kiddos!

    Amy
    What Happens in First Grade

    ReplyDelete


  16. Nice, Know How to improve your sex power and how to increase your sex time easily.various
    sex style,solve your all sexual problem and enjoy a happy sexual life. Just visit now...
    Free Jewish dating service
    100% free Christian online dating
    Free Spiritual dating websites

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been loving these! You have made my life so much easier! I shared on my Tried it Tuesday blog post today on my blog An Apple for the Teacher Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top