The Meet Up Was Magnificent!


IMG_9879-001

Can you stand it?  Look at these cute people.  Let me tell you, the talent in this group is astonishing! We even had the Channon the director of the Southern California Kinder Conference. We are Fancy Pants!

IMG_9883

These are the Kinder Peeps!  So fun!!!!!
Left to Right- Kay from Sommer Pride, Heidi from Heidi Songs,  Christy from Crayons and Whimsy, Michelle from Apples and ABCs,  Hadar from Miss Kindergarten,  Fran from Kindergarten Crayons.

IMG_9885

Love! Serious Love! These are some hard working women who rock their first grade classrooms! Vikki from Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After, Katie – It’s Me, Traci from Dragonflies in First, Tammy & Christy who make my heart flutter and from Fluttering Through First, and Kathy from Coloring Outside the Lines.

IMG_9888-001

These are the the Second Grade Sweethearts! Kate from Second Grade Sparkles, Aris from Sailing Into Second , Katie from A Basket Full of Apples.

IMG_9893

These ladies are amazing. They work some serious magic!!!  Wendy uses her magic wand as a tutor and publisher of Wendy’s Bookworks.  Shawna is sprinkling some magic on a different class everyday as a sweet sub. She is the author of The Picture Book Teacher’s Edition.  Annie is a homeschooler who is an Educational Fairy Godmother to her own kids and makes us the most wonderful products! She is absolutely and positively the sweetest! She is magic behind The Moffatt Girls.


Our lone upper grade teacher is Layla from Fancy Free In Fouth (pictured right). She is so cute with her baby bump. I loved sharing my basket of fries with her. Michelle Griffo (left) and Layla (right) are college buddies, who went on to teach and get their masters with each other. Lasting friendships are the best!

IMG_9891

Awe it’s  Kate and Katie (me)  Hostess Team / Match Made in Heaven. We had the best time planning this event. The minute I heard Kate’s voice on the phone, I knew I loved this girl!

IMG_9895
IMG_9874

Winners! We know how to throw a  Par-tay! We had raffles and swag! It was like the Oscars with the gifts!  Kate and I each provided a $10 TpT gift card and chose 2 winners using our name tags!

IMG_9896

Wendy’s Bag-O-Books! She gave us tons of goodies!

IMG_9897

Fluttering Through First brought their adorable notepads!
 Thanks girls. I love mine!
I know what I am doing for volunteer gifts this year!!!!  Christy and Tammy will be blogging a little tutorial for how to do this without burning your house down with a glue gun!


Heidi brought goodies for us too!
 I can’t wait to sing these songs with my students!!!!

Meet up

It was a fun day with amazing women!
 Do you think it’s too early to get the next meet up planned???
My husband might think so.  A few of us lingered… ordered more fries… then ordered drinks…. then ordered dessert…  I got home at 9pm!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband’s first words were,
“Lucy you got some ‘splaning to do!
 I thought you would at least be home by 7!


Awe, but Ricky, I had so much fun at the meet up! Thanks for putting the “kinder bear” to bed!
Well that’s all folks!
I can’t wait to meet you at the next meet up!
QuickEdit
Katie Knight
28 Comments

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting the meet up Katie! I had so much fun connecting with fellow bloggers and snacking on your fries! Hope to see you again soon!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are adorbs!!! My fries are you fries!

      Delete
  2. Please ask your Hubby to cover his ears...How does next weekend sound? Seriously, loved every single minute and cannot wait to do it again. Thanks to you and the lovely Kate for planning such a wonderful afternoon. You Girls are amazing! xoxo

    Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm free next weekend! LOL well Easter weekend is tough, but I an in for a mini meet-up in between!!!

      Delete
  3. It was fantastic! Thanks for putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a bit nervous since it was my first meet up, but you ladies made it seem easy-peasy! :) Can't wait for the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aris, you are the just the sweetest! Next time I want to sit by you and get to know you even better.

      Delete
  5. Katie,

    Thank you so much for putting this together. I had such a great time meeting up with all the wonderful bloggers out there! Thank you for putting my nerves to rest. I can't wait till the next one.

    Katie
    A Basket Full of Apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You amaze me with teaching as many classes of kids like you do! I can't wait to read all about your adventures!

      Delete
  6. Katie,
    Love, love, love all the picture and the beautiful ladies in those pictures. I am so lucky to have met all of you and now don't feel so lonely in the land of blogs. Thanks to everyone that put the event on and brought amazing goodies to share. I am so looking forward to the next meet up!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone girl! I can't wait for the next meet up!!!!!

      Delete
  7. Aww.,, looks like fun! Sorry we missed it, but looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Katie! Yesterday was so much fun! I can't wait for the next one!!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness! This looks like a wonderful day. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really sorry to have missed out on the fun. Count me in for the next one. By the Way my Puppy is doing really well and should get full use of his legs as he gets stronger. For those who wanted to know. :)
    Pauline
    First Grade by the Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I am so glad that your puppy is doing better. I live and die my shih-tzus. I totally get loving them like kids!!!! They are family. I said a prayer for your puppy, by the way!

      Delete
  11. Hi! I love your blog, it is just adorable! I am your newest follower. I would love for you to check out my blog when you get a chance. I am just beginning my blogging journey, but I LOVE it! :)

    Your meet-up looks like it was soooo much fun! I also live in Southern California, so I will definitely have to watch for the next one!

    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, Leave me your email address and I'll add you to the list!

      Delete
    2. My email is akindergartenlifeforme@gmail.com

      Thanks so much! And, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, oh and becoming a follower!! So sweet!!

      Beth :)

      Delete
  12. I had a lot of fun with all of you! And your blog sure looks great! It was wonderful getting a chance to talk to so many wonderful people- some new friends, some old. Thanks so much for setting it all up! I REALLY appreciate all of the work that you did. It was fun!
    Heidi
    http://heidisongs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you ladies had so much fun!!!!! I am so sad I missed it! Can't wait until next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had so much fun and I really enjoyed meeting you Katie!! Thank you so much for all your hard work! I can't wait until the next meet up!!
    The Moffatt Girls

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish you could see my big cheesy grin right now! I'm so happy that you all had such a great time! What an amazing group!!!
    Smiles - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect weather! Delicious food! Interesting company! I had such a terrific time talking to all you fabulous ladies! And this meet up got me off my "blogging couch!" Thanks for organizing, Katie and Kate! You are both awesome! :)

    Kay
    Sommer Pride

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to come to the next one! I admire so many of these women. :)
    Palma Lindsay
    http://kfundamentals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah-mazing!!! Good thing that Ricky Ricardo loved that Lucy! ;) But better he knows now how the gift of gab between teachers can really take off!! Thank you for taking such wonderful pictures. I had such a fantastic time! You're the best, Katie!!


    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had so much fun Saturday, thanks so much to you and Kate for putting it together. BTW I found the blog, Teacher of the Fricken Year! Hilarious and definitely appealed to my "dark side" of snarky -ness and "naughty words" !! Can't wait till we meet again!

    Kathy
    Coloring Outside The Lines

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

[name=Katie] [img=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-U1-2dzFyc04/WhXAmwJMcYI/AAAAAAAAZNI/52GrfbQt7FMuyz_-yEwUQF87eG-PhMSkgCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/teacher%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bcore%2Bpic%2Bsmall.jpg] [description=Leave Me a Comment, I would love to hear from you :)] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/TeacherToTheCore) (instagram=https://www.instagram.com/teachertothecore/) (bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/teacher-to-core-4115237) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/katiehappymom/teacher-to-the-core-blogspot-com/)