Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Five For Friday

Oh what a wonderful week I had! My son is in kinder and he had school all week. My husband and I did not! All three of us are at different schools and on slightly varied schedules that “kind of” line up with each other.  This week my hubby and I had an entire week without a chaperone! We had a blast!!!!! Here is what we did.
fiveforfriday

On Monday we hit Disneyland. We rode everything outside of Fantasyland. Let’s just say the Kinderbear does not like fast rides.



Tuesday Breakfast at Richie’s Diner! Oh my goodness are you kidding me! Yummy! We went to Target to look at bikes, and found ones we love. Then we came home, did  some blogging, and curriculum making.



Wednesday we saw OZ…. love! Then we went out to lunch, shopped for a while, and enjoyed grown up conversation. Not that we mind talking with the Kinderbear. We love it, but his range of topics is often limited to the DS, Wii, Curious George, Scooby Doo, Kindergarten, and other riveting themes. It was nice to branch out and use my big girl vocabulary.



Thursday, that’s right we went back again… we did not see it in 3D the first time.  We knew we had missed out, so we went back. Holy moly what a difference!

oz

We also went to Target to buy the bikes we found on Tuesday. It was quite an adventure. We borrowed our neighbors truck to go buy the bikes at the Target close to our home. They have two of each bike. We called ahead of time. No problem! We get there, and ummmm where are the bikes ? Gone… I was stupefied!  But we borrowed our neighbors truck! You said you had two bikes! I want that yellow bike!  All thoughts I kept to myself.  My Mr. handled his disappointment well too.



Friday… going to school today to “track on”.  I am a year round teacher.  So what is it like to “track on”? I want you to imagine when you were first teaching.  You walked into your room. You had furniture, text books, and a dream.  That’s what I walk into 3 times a year.  I unpack boxes, search for stuff I stashed all over campus, and like the Wizard himself I create magic! I’ll post pictures tonight as an add on to this post.

Where’s the romance you ask? I can’t write about hanky panky! Our mother’s might be reading this blog! But I will say this… I love Spring Break!

My pals and I are cleaning out our wishlists and buying the things we need for spring!  So we got to talking and decided to throw a sale. It starts tomorrow! 15% off our stores!!!!!! Yippie!




Link back up with Doodle Bugs here.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, Katie, I heart you! What a fun, fun, FUN week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week off with no kids and the hubs??? How does that work? Good for you! We saw OZ too and the kids loved it. Sounds like your vacation time was fantastic! Thanks for sharing your week.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your week sounds AWESOME!! I'm fixing to write my Friday post... high/low included!!!

    I'm moving after this school year to NC and I'm looking at year-round schools it didn't even occur to me that you might have to take down your room or anything like that! How do you like working at a year round school?

    Have a great rest of break!!

    xo
    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!
    brhutchinson16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I happen to know that Katie is working on a post all about year-round school soon! :)
      Justin- Writing Pad Dad
      Writing Pad Dad Blog
      Writing Pad Dad on Facebook

      Delete
  4. I'm kinda jealous! I would love to have a week by myself. My son goes to the school I work at so we have the same break. I planned it out that way on purpose because of the advantages, but I would like a kid free day from time to time!

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you two "kids" had such fun without the 'kid'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! I don't know what I'd do if I had to pack and unpack my room three times a year!! Holy cow!!!

    Other than that, it sounds like you had a fabulous week!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  7. A whole week off with your hubby, what a lucky girl! I would completely freak out if I had to pack and unpack my stuff 3 times a year...that is crazy! Loving your blog. So glad I stopped by!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie,

    It looks like you had a great spring break. I love Disneyland as well. In fact, I am heading over there in just a little while. I hope the rest of your weekend is fabulous!

    Katie
    A Basket Full of Apples

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of an almost kid-free week! I don't know if my husband and I would even know what to do!

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelica-
      You are your husband would remember really quickly what to do!
      Justin- Writing Pad Dad
      Writing Pad Dad Blog
      Writing Pad Dad on Facebook

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had a fabulous week! I love Disneyland (it's such a shame that I live on a different continent!) and I love Oz as well!

    Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I don't know what I would do if I had to pack and unpack my room three times a year!! I guess it can be great to change things up a bit, but probably very tiresome!!Looks like you had an awesome week!! =)
    -Jackie-
    Sister Teachers
    ps... I found my ring!! Thanks for your positive thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous that sounds like an awesome week! But I can't imagine unpacking my room 3 ties a year, wow!

    Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your week sounds like a ton of fun except for the room change 3 times a year. YUCK! I would not like that! Glad you said you liked OZ. I want to see it! Back to reality for us on Monday!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie,
    How cute are you in those pictures! I definitely love your new comment threads! Michelle's work?? Starting up your room 3 times a year.... I am still wrapping my brain around that... WOW!
    Can't wait to see what magic you inspire with your classroom this time!!
    Happy Easter,
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Katie! I was blog-stalking today and came across your blog for the first time. I really like the sincerity and sense of humor in your About Me section. Reading about your son was very touching. You just seem so down-to-earth and honest. I'm your latest follower, and I would be so pleased and honored if you would stop by when you have a second.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    Teaching with Sight

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top