Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Smart Art Winter Nouns Recap



Check out this adorable one and a half foot candy cane!!!!

 I love this project.  The kids brainstorm and practice using this little baby 

(RIGHT). Then they write their favorite nouns on the candy cane (ABOVE). 

Kids write and then color, cut, and glue. Sweet and Easy!

 Winter nouns dec 7
download 1

Then we made snowflakes, and  they learned about plurals.

They say the winter plural nouns out loud and decide if the plural “s”

makes the /s/ or /z/ sound. This really helps them in their spelling skills later.

Winter nouns jan 9               IMG_0914
 I Love the title of this bulletin board. 
"It Takes More Than One Snowflake To Make A Snowman"
I might have to come up with a Compound Nouns freebie to go with this.
 I have snowflake and snowman in the title..... hmmmm....
Me-thinks I will do that when I return from vacation!
IMG_0916IMG_0913
download 2

Then in February we will make George Washington's cherries & learn about

common and proper nouns.  We use the Legend of the Cherry Tree

fluency to learn about common and proper nouns, then we take our

learning and put it on cherries! When February rolls around, I’m going to

make a large Washington and put the cherries all around him!

Winter nouns feb 8          IMG_6623
download 3
I have to say that the art in this unit is special because it is not just art for

art’s sake.  The kids are using the art to learn with.  I love it when my room

looks great, but I love it even more when my room looks smart! This

combines the two. This art decorates your room with rigorous learning. It's

Smart Art. Plus, all the art is photocopier ready!!!  No tracing.
I hate tracing!
Booo-Hisss!
Tracing!
Oh, sorry I got into a tizzy, but  I really do hate tracing.



So that is Winter Nouns!!! It is available on TpT, but you know I am going to

give one away! Also in tonight’s giveaway is Kinder Craze’s Interactive

Fruity Colors Book and Poster Set. Serious Cuteness! Check it out {here}.

Thank Maria for such a great giveaway. This is a perfect activity for a PreK-

2 classroom. 

Kinder-CrazeFruity Colors Booklet and Poster set - Unscramble Color Words

To win my unit, Winter Nouns, and Fruity Colors,
follow this blog and comment

Tell me the color you most like to wear.

I like the wear black.  

I know it sounds boring, but I feel kind of chic in black.  I will never belong

 on a runway, but somehow I feel a foot taller in a black boat neck, jeans,

 and ballet flats. How ‘bout you?

20 comments:

  1. I follow your blog under rmariemuniz. I like the wearing the color blue. My closet is full of blue jeans, blue blouses, blue dress,etc.:)

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog as Cherie Mae Ong. I like wearing the color red!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have followed your blog since the day I found it-love it! Sky blue is my favorite color, but I actually wear black a lot, even more than blue!

    I follow under my blog name, primary practice.

    Patti
    primarypractice@gmail.com

    primary practice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog as lraines78.
    lraines78@gmail.com
    I like to wear blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hopeclippinger@gmail.com
    I follow by email and the Goggle blog as Hope Clippinger. I also follow on Facebook. My favorite color is blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow your blog by e-mail, susanlulu@yahoo.com. I like the color black in winter and blue in summer. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow - Kim B is my Google Blog. I love Periwinkle:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becky

    I follow your blog and love it!

    I look best in blue.

    hoffman.rebecca@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow your blog and LOVE it! I follow under the name of Casey Canion. I have a lot of black in my closet....it's my go to color.

    CaseyCanion@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow under Cecilia Bartram at cbartram@kitcarsonschool.com
    My favorite color is red. My school color since High School.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow your blog as Inspired in Second. My favourite colour to wear is something in a neutral pattern.
    - Amanda {avphilli@gmail.com}
    Inspired in Second

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Rachel

    I love blue. My hubby like me to wear blue. Usually wear its counsin teal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Cherie

    I wear a whole lot of red as well! It's a sexy color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @primary practice

    Patti, I can see you being a sky blue kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Becky

    Becky, a whole bunch of you guys love blue! I think it does something pretty for every skin tone too! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow your blog as Miss V's Busy Bees (aka Sara), my e-mail address is ventrellasara@gmail.com, and I feel best wearing red. It's bright, fun, and goes well with my skin color. I've also just really loved red! I do like grey/gray, though, too! :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  18. I follow your blog as Andrea Crawford/Reading Toward the Stars. I love to wear purple. It makes me feel girlie without the pink.

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars
    readerstars@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wear a lot of black. I like pairing it with gold accessories. But in 2013, I'm going red! :)

    Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries
    The.Teacher.Diaries.K4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing this nice post. Proper nouns are one of the most essential parts of the English language, so Learn proper nouns to improve English Language skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top