Search

Busy & Happy

I can't believe I have only 5 weeks left.

I know some of you only have a

few weeks, but I am still in the thick of it, and on HM 9.1

Oh jeeze, Im a week behind AND still have open house coming.

I am not a fan of the story When I Am Old With You.

Do you love it?

Can you tell me why?


In phonics,  I have been using this little anchor chart from the

sweet teacher at life in first grade.


Ah, the talent of all the teachers out there. BIG HUGE shout out to Pinterest

for helping us to share and learn from each other! Love it!
  

I have to share my

 new favorite thing

A whiteboard hanging in the middle of a bulletin board!


 I bought a "smallish sized" whiteboard from Staples. $10

I think it is 2 feet by 3 feet. 

 I like to use the white board as a tiny teaching space/anchor chart. 

You can see that Oscar the Grouch is talking to the kids about contractions. 

How did I hang the white board in the middle of the bulletin board?

Is it magic?

Not really...


 Here is how I did it!


I used heavy duty packing tape or book tape to create a "tag" so to speak.

 The tape attaches to the back and the front of the board.

Then then overlap area "tag" is what I use to staple the whiteboard onto the bulletin board. 

 I put 1 tag on each end and 1 in the middle. Total 3 tags. 

It holds very well and does not harm the bulletin board. 



This tape and hang method is super handy.

Next to my door I wanted a small magnatized poster of our Class Bucket.

I purchased metal flashing ( thin metal sheets ) at Lowes,

 and I used the same tape and staple method to make a magnetic space.
  

I hung the poster on top of the flashing.

The magnetic colored balls are from Staples and represent

all the ways the kids fill our "bucket chart".

 Speaking of bucket chart....

You have read this book right?
If you have not get it immediatly. Seriously right now!

Leave my blog and go buy the book.


It talks about how all the good things we say and do for each other

fills up both of our buckets (hearts). These good things and the people who

do them are called "bucket fillers".

Bad things and mean people are called "bucket dippers".

This book is a JOY and the reason for our "bucket" by the door.

 The magneticcolored balls are all the good that is happening in our room.

The whole thing is Heaven!

When the kids do something nice or good, I say, "That really fills my bucket."

When we read a book about a bully, every time someone comments that

the bully is a "big-time bucket dipper".