Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

August 11, 2014

Bl-eacher #teacher blogger

I know the whole mixing two words to make a new word is very 2013, but I can’t help it. Here are a few of my favorite mixed words:

  • Brangelina- is it just me or is Brad still hot but MUST remain clean shaven?
  • blogebrity- Blogging celebrity (which I am not)
  • frenemy- friend and enemy in one. I am happy to say I have none of these. PTL.
  • hangry- hungry and angry all at once…. look out
  • snark- snide remark

Of course this leads to my new favorite word mash up….

  • bleacher, blogging teacher not to be confused with beacher which is a b****y teacher. Oh you know you work with a few of those! Don’t lie. Some teachers are downright surly!

meet teacher blogger

Stephanie Stewart is hosting a sweet little link up where you can come and meet some new blogging teachers. Maybe you are just meeting me from the link up. If so, WELCOME! We have fun here and try not to get into too much trouble!

 Meet My People

All about me 16

This man is funny and snarky and really kind. He keeps me on my toes and bursts bubbles that might carry me too far away from reality. He’s perfect for me. We are like Peas and Carrots! {I actually find this a gross combination of veggies, but I like the movie Forrest Gump, so I’m going with it.}

IMG_9176

This kid is a kick in the pants.  He is live wire of joy! He also has more energy than I can keep up with. {Mommy is tired after a long day, but he still wants to play basketball TOGETHER in the 103 degree weather!} But I have to remind myself that he will only be little for a while and then instead of running with him, I’ll be chasing after him! I choose to enjoy him {and rejoice at bedtime}.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

  • Gift cards because they are three presents in one! You get to open it, then you get to spend it {alone while hubby entertains child}, and then you get to enjoy what you bought! Heaven!!!!
  • Starbucks teachers.need.coffee.mixed.with.chocolate.the.end
  • My size 4/6 wardrobe. Yah, I can’t wear ANY of it at my current size 10/12 self, but I am working on it and “Walking Away the Pounds”
  • Jesus can’t live without Him
  • The internet- 5 words Facebook, Pinterest, blogs, Amazon, and TpT. I cannot function sans internet. The internet, Jesus and my family… in no particular order.
  • TV-Once Upon a Time, Bravo {trash TV}, and Food Network are my faves .
  • Tea, the act of, more than the drink, although I do love the drink.  I love brewing it, mixing in milk and sugar, savoring it with a pal or the hubs. I like the long conversations drawn out over tiny sandwiches and cookies. A college friend and I would spend hours making scones, brewing tea, and just enjoying and afternoon. {I miss college}

IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

A housewife with a housekeeper.

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Loyal, Sensitive, and Diligent {and a hot mess at times}

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

I’d love to sit in a staff meeting that could have been handled in an email.

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

You + me + the entire cast of Friends + music + no inhibitions+ a fountain that we dance around in

Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

Snap and Complete: I snap and whatever it is that needs to be done is completed to perfection! SNAP! I guess this is more magic, but whatever!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

Those who look upon the Lord are radiant and their faces are never covered with shame” Psalm 34:5

Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Night owl and not very friendly in the morning.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

arrow2

I can’t play favorites. I like all of the goodies on my sidebar! Most of my new stuff isn’t even over there! You have to click “Window Shopping” up top to see all the goods.

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!

My hair has 4 distinct personality types all happening at the same time at all times.   See below.

my hair

Parts of my hair are bone straight while other parts of it are downright ridiculous. I employ a chair, a whip, a flat iron, prayer, and the occasional colorful word during daily styling. 

imageI hope you had fun!!!! I want to know more about you! In the comments section answer one of the questions above about yourself. I will choose 5 winners to win any 1 item from my store!

Link back to Falling Into First {here}!

47 comments:

  1. 103? Where in the world are you, Katie? Sounds like where I am......Arizona! I am so over the heat. Yes, I do say that every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't a teacher I would want to be an artist of some form! Don't know that I would make any real money at it, but I would enjoy it! ;)

    Jackie
    GrowingKidlets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy emails to staff meetings too!! I'm hoping that is the way of the future, lol. Have a great back-to-school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! You sound as sassy as I am (compliment, not criticism :) I'm your newest follower. BTW, are ANY teacher's morning people????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the worst part of staff meetings is that every one there is there under duress or protest - not one eager face in the bunch : )
    If I was not a teacher I would love to work own my own bookstore/café.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want Steve Martin at my party!
    " what should I do now? I have everything done!"~said no teacher ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would want the Duggar family at my birthday party! It would be very expensive to fly them all up from Arkansas to Connecticut though! Morning or night person? I'm a morning person. But I tend to stay up to late with my husband, who is definitely a night person!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I laughed through your entire post! You have a great sense of humor! Love the "love going to a full day meeting that could be handled in an email." Right?! You have great writing flare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! What a sweet compliment!

      Delete
  9. I am a morning person by far. I go to sleep at 9:00 like clock work every night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I weren't a teacher I would be a stay at home mom! I would also be that mom who is always at school helping out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely a morning person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definitely a night owl... Which is great in the summer.... But won't be great in a few weeks when school starts ;)
    good enough teacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had a superpower that I could just look at my laundry and it would put itself away! :)

    Katie
    smileykate52@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Katie!!!!! I wish I had this super power too!

      Delete
  15. I wish I had the super power to think about what I needed to have done and it would be done! I could do laundry, make dinner, drive home from school, pick up kids from daycare and chat with a friend all at the same time. Wouldn't that be heaven?!

    Robin
    teachingtomorrowsleaders@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bwahahaha! You're just the most awesome. For my superpower I wanted to be able to go without sleep so I could every possible thing done while my kids sleep. I think I'll go with your superpower though. It sounds so much nor practical and like a lot less work!!

    Hope
    Teaching with Hope

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your answers! My fav was the one about the staff meeting that could have been done in an email. I ALWAYS think that. If I could have a superpower it would be to move objects with my mind. Then all my thinking about housework would actually be useful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not a early morning person or a night owl. I am good after 8AM and done by 10PM. I also have to have my tea to survive the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE your answer to the birthday question because I am IN LOVE with Friends! I also really like your idea of the Snap and Complete super power!

    If I could have any superpower, I would want the ability to fly! I know that wouldn't really help me in the teacher scope of things but I STRONGLY dislike traffic and I always seem to get stuck in a heap of it when I am traveling to visit my parents in PA from NC. It makes me crazy so the power of flight would certain help me avoid that darn traffic (and my road rage!) lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flying above the traffic sounds AMAZING!

      Delete
  20. If I wasn't a teacher, I would want to be a social worker. I have found my passion in life is to help the children of our future. I know that sounds cliche, but there are so many who need the opportunity to find their way!
    stazeanne@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed reading your post. On mine I mentioned I would want the cast of Parenthood to come, but I love FRIENDS just as much. I watch it daily. Never gets old!

    Allie
    The Positive Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I used to be a complete morning person and was in bed super early! I still get up early and accomplish WAY more before lunch, but I stay up a little later. Apparently, as you age you need less sleep;0
    chrissybryant74@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am definitely a morning person! Three words to describe me-sensitive, quiet, active. I laughed at your description of styling your hair-sounds like me!! Doing my hair is like a mini workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would LOVE to fill out that report in triplicate and have it ready by 3! Said no teacher ever!
    If I wasn't a teacher I would love to be a pediatrician. I love kids!
    I'm most definitely a night owl! I wish I weren't! Back to school mornings are awful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. If I could have one superpower I would love to freeze time while my kiddos are little...you know that adorable stage when your baby has toothless grins and coos? I'd love to freeze that stage for a couple extra months so get extra snuggles and squeezes in:)
    If I wasn't a teacher I would love to be a stay at home DIY crafting mom and maybe add a little barrel racing back in there:)
    Normally I would say I am more of a morning person but with baby number 2 now 5 weeks old I would say I have renewed my relationship with my old college night owl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly... freezing time would be wonderful!

      Delete
  26. I love your blog!!

    I would love to be able to fly or talk to animals! I do like the "Snap and Complete" though!

    ReplyDelete
  27. If I wasn't a teacher, I'd probably be a pediatric nurse :)

    Petzold.courtney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are just about the cutest thing ever! I loved all of your answers from beginning to end! Is it possible for me to be a housewife with a housekeeper and no husband? Because that sounds great right now!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am a morning person all the way...4:30 every morning once school starts. I try to walk on the treadmill or do some sort of exercise then...but it doesn't happen every morning;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. As a chronic word combiner, I'm ashamed that I didn't know snark was a combo of snide + remark. Duh. I love your voice and energy and am so happy to have found your blog through this linky!

    Dawn @ Revenge of the Thirds

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Katie,
    I loved your take on the gift card. You are so right about it being 3 gifts in one. lol
    My favourite quote is“Everything will be ok in the end, and if it’s not ok it’s not the end.”
    (The spelling on favorite isn't incorrect, I'm from Ontario, Canada) lol
    Christine
    K&C Love Grade 3

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am a night owl during the summer and a morning person for the rest of the year.
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This was hilarious! Fun to read all these little tidbits about you! You've got something going with the idea of being a housewife with a housekeeper!! Thanks for the smiles!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  34. Haha You crack me up! I loved reading all about you! I agree with your birthday guests! I am a Friends addict. And who doesn't love a good fountain dancing!?

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  35. If I had a superpower I would freeze time so I could get everything done that I need to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This quote has been my favorite since high school. It's from Robert Fulghum.
    “We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

    This quote is awesome, because although we are all unique, we still have to learn to get along with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your super power! (I want that, too!)

    If I wasn't a teacher I would be selling handmade, crafty things. Or, I'd have my own children's bookshop.

    Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ahhh! Reading your posts always makes my heart smile!

    Superpower? Power to heal any pain or sickness under 2 minutes. That's enough time to learn any lesson to be learned in an ordeal, right?!

    And btw, you are most definitely a blogebrity in the blogosphere world!!

    xo,
    Janice
    @1islandlover :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. That was fun to read! I love how your personality comes through in the things you've told us about yourself! We share lots of things we both love- Chocolate, coffee, Jesus, TPT, etc.! Have a great school year! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  40. I used to be a night owl, but for some reason I've become a morning person. I get to school around 6:00 and our official time is 8:30. I find it's the only quiet time when I can get some serious work done. I'm wiped out at the end of the day. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for the giggles! I am definitely a morning person...if I stay up past 10pm on a school night, I am too cranky the next day! Then again, getting up at 5:20 am makes it hard to stay up too late!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your hair description is cracking me up. I remember your really long hair during freshman week in college. It always looked great. Who knew you were battling it before we saw you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top