Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

March 31, 2013

Currently thinking wanting and needing

currentlyapril_thumb[3]

Listening to the Worst Cook in America: Here is the deal...  I am the woman who almost burnt my house down with a kitchen fire, there is no shame in needing a cooking teacher , recipe book, or fire safety lesson. But these people on this show are fascinating.  What do you mean you are 75 years old and have been eating fast food for every meal? Wait you are 75, have never cooked, and your first meal attempt is filet migon?   Oh and you deep fried it for 45 minutes! That is just cray cray and expensive.  How do people have stories like this? Riveting!

Loving my laptop.  I am just glad to not be trapped in the office.

Thinking: I love Easter candy. My favorites are peeps, but I am a freak. I like them when they are hard.  My whole family does.  My grandpa opens up about 10 boxes of them and lets them dry out and then they get gobbled up by my equally strange family members.


Wanting: another few weeks off.  I love vacation. I like it more than work.

Needing: some candy self control.  I would like to eat Easter candy until I get a tummy ache, but then I actually get the tummy ache and I get really sad.  So here is where I am at right now.  I am right on the edge of a tummy ache. Right.On.The.Edge, and the peeps are chirping my name... "Katie, come eat us up! Chirp! Chirp! Peep! Peep!"

Advice: Trust in God.  It can be really hard to do, but lean not on your own understanding and just trust.... and never, ever, under any circumstances, eat yellow snow unless it is in a snow cone and you watch the snow cone person make it in front of you. This too is good advice. 

Tomorrow’s post is epic! Freebies and a HUGE giveaway! Link back up with Farley and come see me tomorrow for sure!!!!

17 comments:

  1. If you figure out the candy self-control let me know.. ;) Can't wait for tomorrow!

    Meg
    Buzz Around in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could also use some candy self control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this thing were I get HOOKED on a certain candy (or really it could be any food) and I exhibit zero self control for a while and then I get sick of it... I figure that's a form of control right? :)

    Your advice is the best... it's also something I have to tell myself a thousand times a day because I can't seem to get it through my thick skull!

    Hope you have a good day back tomorrow.. if only we had another week, sigh!

    xo
    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya on the needing an extra few weeks off! Fortunately summer is soon{ish}!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have eaten so. much. candy. I think I'm actually jittery! I love Easter candy. :) I'll be back tomorrow for this giveaway! Happy Easter!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know HOW this is the first time I've seen your cute blog, but I'm a new follower... mostly because of PEEPS! lol I like to eat them once they've hardened up a little, too... and they've been chirping my name since the Easter Candy aisle at Target got all set up! :)

    Sam
    Mrs. Kelly’s Klass

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous that your loving your laptop. Mine is in sad shape...pieces all over my table. Hope my fan comes in soon!

    Love you advice!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love worst cooks in America! Sometimes I feel like I could be on that show since I am a terrible cook!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, I love peeps too! I like them when they are soft and when they are hard. I guess that's a good thing! :-)

    My candy self control is the fact that I didn't get any! Sad, kind of, but also good for me! :-) I do want some Reese eggs, though.

    Erica
    Blooming In First

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dad LOVES peeps the same way you do! I could also use a few more weeks off.. wouldn't that be nice?! I think I've eaten so much candy I'm going to be on a sugar high for days! Enjoy your days off :) LOVE your blog and so happy to have found you!

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your advice! Trusting is hard to do at times, but something we must do. I think the peeps have taken over my kitchen!

    Karen
    Anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Worst Cooks in America! It's such a fun show. Were you happy with who won?

    Also, great advice.

    Happy April!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love vacation more than work! Do you think we're the only two people with that in common?!

    Enjoy your Peeps :)

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with wanting a few more weeks off. Hope all is well and you have a good week back!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am addicted to the Food Network. I am such a horrible cook, I will easily qualify for The Worst Cooks in America.
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, made me laugh! I only eat Peeps that have been left out overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best advice ever... I hope you and your sweet peeps had a great Easter!
    Stacy
    Funky Fresh Firsties

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top