Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

February 21, 2013

Hall Pass? Yes Please!



I love this linky and girly girl hosting us!

P A S S

P (product)

I really love….all of them… well…. I think I love Mammals the best…

thumbnail 1 Cover

My grade level does this AmAziNg series,

1. Look at pictures

2. Listen to cool facts

3. Write & Art

4. Test

But there was no reading involved.

I HaD to AdD ReAdInG…can’t stop myself. 

Plus, redoing the art was necessary...

 I have to make it SMART ART.

Click "mammals" in the We've Been Busy section to see all the hidden

 learning in the smart art... the belly of the opossum to worth the click.

So now kids read, play a reader’s challenge game , write, and

then do an art project for every animal.


533819_530397580313509_1118603128_n[1]

It’s the first in my science series… more to come

I am dying over the art I have creating for my next series… dying…

A (Area of my classroom)

The ceiling!

IMG_9305

I LoVe my laundry line “bulletin board”

I can take down and put up a new set of art in less than 5 minutes.

Adorbs!

S ( Signal)

I got this from my pal Elizabeth Lopez.

Here is the dee-lee-oh.

The class is noisy…. I’m busy at the reading table

I want to warn them that if they don’t zip it…consequences will come

so in my best opera voice

I sing out

“Voices”

The class says “shhhhhhhhhh”

Best warning ever….silly.sweet.quick!

Of course, another favorite it is

Teacher: “Zip it”

Kids: “Or flip it” ( I have a card flipping chart)

My little wild guy came up with this one…

S (Sane)

My “work wife” and I go to Wendy’s all the time

all.the.time

Here is what is on our lunch menu…

Chicken sandwich…with a side of therapy

French fries dipped in laughing so hard we cry

Frosties and discussion of plans to go on a diet

Thank you for hosting us Reagan TTT

We love ya!

What? You want to link up? Go for it!

The winner of the Quietest Pencil Sharpener ever is ....

Teaching is a Gift!!!!!!!!







11 comments:

  1. Katie, You are ALL of AMAZING! Such a joy to read your posts! I love the opera voice & kids saying SHHH..may have to try this, except I can't sing a note to save my life! This otta be interesting!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That opera signal might sway me from "Class! Yes!"...how fun!

    Can't wait to see what your next unit is...we loved you Chinese New Year unit. Loooooooved it!!

    Halle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your Hall Pass! This was a fun linky to do and to check out what everyone else wrote. Love your Smart Art :)

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Hall Pass!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I just read that I won the pencil sharpener! I cannot believe that as a scrolled down I had won! That's awesome! I hope it's not too much trouble to ship it. I know I live in Canada.
    I stopped by to look at your adorable animals. I also love the laundry line. I put one up in my classroom too. The only thing I hate though is getting up on the ladder. I have to psyche myself into it all week! I also love your comment about lunch at Wendy's. I wish I had a buddy at work who I could go out with. I used to work with someone who ate out with me everyday. It was such a nice break. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie, Nice to "meet" you! Thanks for the great welcome on fb. Being a huge fan of panda bears, I like the looks of your Chinese New Year unit.
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your laundry line bulletin board. In fact, I'm jealous that you're allowed to hang things from your ceiling. I am following your blog now and can't wait to read your future posts.

    I'm also participating in the hall pass linky, so feel free to stop by when you get the chance!
    K. Almaraz at Our Future is bright

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the new look, girl! Looking forward to our giveaway!!!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is beautiful!! I popped over from the Hall Pass linky. I'd love it if you'd "sneak down the hall" and check out my Hall Pass post!!

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top