Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Rainy Day

My son is overjoyed it is a rainy day.
All I can do is cringe.
This is the difference between students and teachers.
One of many differences.
I am taller and wear better clothes.
Speaking of better clothes…
These are my new rain boots.  I bought the teal ones.
{love them? click here}
SO here is what happened today.
I had 30 kid free minutes in the course of a 400 minute school day.
So I was a little ummmmm…over it
and so were they.
In the course of one of our last indoor recesses
one of my girls tackled one of my boys…
Tackled him to the ground…
She lunged from 25 feet away….
like a PaNtHeR!
It was all over this.
IMG_8645
She wanted to shake the jar from our hibernation
And
she
wanted
to
shake
it
now.
The tackled boy was in shock.
I was in shock.
I half expected her to do the end zone victory dance.
Instead she grabbed the jar and ran.
I have total control of my students.
But this little girl is headed to our Special Day Class and I love her.
My boy is just a sweetheart and shouted out,
“Hey, next time just use your words! OK?!?”
That my friends is life with first graders
trapped
inside'
all
the
live
long
day!

7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! What a day! You deserve some love :) At least the little boy had a nice response!! You taught him well :) And she was obviously so excited because your lesson was SO amazing!! Days like that are frustrating, but they are SO lucky to have you!

    Amelia
    thewildthingslearn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's going crazy over indoor recess!! {Misery loves company}.

    Wishing a "heat wave" your way...

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That sounds so dramatic! I am impressed that the little boy handled it so well and even told her to use her words. I hope that the rain lets up, so you can have outdoor recess again. We have been inside all week because of the frigid temperatures, but fortunately, we have duty free lunch, so I don't have to witness and deal with any tackling incidents. :-)

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooooo glad to know that I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny post! It was a loooooong day in the rain yesterday, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor dear!!! I totally feel your pain. I had a special little sweetie earlier this year who displayed similar traits. He has since left us for a more intensive class, but he sure was a sweet little handful. It is amazing to see how the other kids do their best to cope and help keep things calm isn't it? I hope you had a very relaxing night!

    Ps I ADORE your blog!! You are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me laugh. Out loud. Loudly. You crack me up. I hate rainy days at school. 2 weeks ago we only had one day that we could go out. They were like caged animals. I hope next week is better!!

    (Did you see our post with the indoor recess website- my kids loved it! It saved the day(s) last week when we couldn't get out!)

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top