Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

January 31, 2013

February Shout Outs

I love February! 

I do so many fun activities with my students, and  I 

get to enjoy their "January Jump". 

This is that time of year when everything you have been 

saying for the last 4 months has finally "clicked". 

Their skills take a giant leap forward and

 learning/ teaching is really fun! 

I have a lot of fun teaching Chinese New Year with my "little loves".

It is a very fun yet rigorous learning adventure!


I am teaming up with Rachel Lamb to offer you our two units.



Rachel's includes: 


  • What's you sign? chart and Venn
  • a Fun Facts about China foldable mini book
  • Make a New Year Banner craft (I included all the animals so you can use any year)
  • Math word problem scavenger hunt
  • Chinese New Year booklist and story map to use with any book
  • Make a red envelope activity-includes color/bw coupons
  • Double Bubble for comparing our new year celebrations with China's
Katie's (mine) includes:
dl1
dl2
dl3
[dl4%255B4%255D.jpg]

  • Social Studies Test on Chinese New Year
  • ABC Order
  • Synonyms and Antonyms Activity
  • Panda Science Fluency
  • Panda Science Test
  • Writing- Word of the Day “China”
  • Writing- Word of the day “Pandas”
  • “I love Rice” Math Graphing 
  • Chinese New Year Poem and Rubric
  • Bulletin Board / Vocabulary Wall images
  • Panda Smart Art
  • Dragon Hats
  • Chinese Lanterns 
  • Interactive Student fact book all about the New Year

Just enter the rafflecopter below :0)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

The giveaway ends Sat at midnight.

Remember the BiG sale is on for TpT Super Bowl Sunday.

28% off everything in my store!!!!


It is time already to shout out some love. This month has flown by!

The rules of this sweet linky are to shout out a blog with more

followers than you and a blog with less followers than you.

The blog with less followers than me is

apple

This is a darling new blogger who tells you about life with the littles.

She has wonderful ideas and  is really “bringing it”

to get her kids ready for school. 

Today’s post is about PJ Day 

and a simultaneous visit from the Dept. of Health. 

yep... that's a footed Hello Kitty "onsie"

She is my kind of gal!

You have to visit and read her post.

She also did an amazing winter display…

This is a glimpse of the process. Let me tell you this about a tenth of

the gloriousness of the finished product!



It is awe inspiring!

I know what I am doing next year…..

While you are there, give her some “follower”

love if you are so inclined.

She is brand spankin’ new. Let’s welcome her to blogging!




My shout out for the blogger with more followers than me is

Blooming on Bainbridge

I adore this woman. I really do.

She cooks the most outrageous goodies.

You have seen her stuff all over Pinterest. 

You probably have an entire board dedicated to

“Things I want to make”

and 1/2 the stuff on your board is hers!

The best part is that she is a retired 1st grade teacher!!!!!!!

Photobucket

I mean look at that picture…. every picture is this good.

Right now, she is almost done with her 40 days of clean eating…

10 more to go would be my guess. I am learning about juicing.

soups, detoxing, and I am patiently waiting for her

to post on the “cookie” diet.

White Chocolate Cookies~ Blooming on Bainbridge

Photobucket

Since the cookie diet does not exists, I may have to wait longer than

expected.  I will just continue to believe that a happy heart burns

more calories and these cookies will make my heart happy.

How’s my logic?



Head on back to Lisa’s to link up with us

and shout out your two favorite blogs!

You can also link up in the post below about your

highs and lows for the month of January.

high low


Or you can link up with Farley!


Most of mine are 100 self explanatory...

the 1 more follower will help me get to 500!!!

Running out of hot water often means a tepid tub (yuck)

SOOOOOOO

We are linking up like crazy here!

Don’t know what to blog about?

Link up with us, we have all kinds of ideas to keep you smiling!

17 comments:

  1. I just linked up and am super excited! Thanks for hosting :) I stopped by "Drowing in Applesauce" and left her some love to welcome her to the blogging world! She is fantastic! Thanks for the opportunity to meet new bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've linked up as well! Thanks for sharing the food blog...it's a snow day here today and I might be whipping up something yummy :)
    Thanks again for hosting!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin' it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Mongolian Beef Takeout...and Wonton Soup! Love your Currently...and totally agree with your pet peeves!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pepper steak! I became your 501 follower :)
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  5. 55 more days until my spring break... not that I'm counting, haha!
    We are lucky enough to have a week off in February coming up which is always a nice winter bonus, too.
    Congrats on surpassing 500 followers!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through Farley's Currently linky party! Your blog is adorable and I'm new follower 503! :) BTW, loving the Chinese New year giveaway!

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops forgot to add my have food...I love seasame chicken! But since I'm Chinese, I LOVE my mom's homemade chinese food. :)

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am boring. I like pepper steak and white rice!

    Christina :)
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog from The Tattooed Teacher. So glad I did! I love some sesame chicken, steamed rice, and egg roll. Now I'm hungry!

    Young Daze in 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wrote about rude people, too! So uncalled for!

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!! Congrats on reaching 500!! I was 515!!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy place to be!
    Teaching is so much FUN!
    Thanks for featuring Blooming on Bainbridge!
    Delighted that you are enjoying the 40 Days series!
    We're juicing out the wa-zoo!
    Happy Weekend!
    You are too SWEET!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spring Rolls are my FAV!!
    Thanks fr the contest-
    I love your blog!!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love me some beef and broccoli!! Love your blog!
    Julene Hoffman
    jhoffman143@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Chicken Lo Mein. Simple I know!

    Courtney
    petzold.courtney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top