Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Hunger Games ...


Well, while the rest of you saw the movie this weekend, I devoured the book! I ordered it weeks ago, and it took Amazon an eternity to get me my book.  It was worth the wait. My goodness. I loved it, but I am nervous to go on to the next books. Somebody blurted out that they didn't like how book 3 ended... so should I read the rest? 

Who cares what one person says right?

But I am exhausted, and cannot even get myself to B&N to buy the
next one. This maybe because I was up until 1:30 finishing the book.  I sat on the sofa reading like my life, or Katniss' life depended on it.  Anybody want to make a dish of poisoned berries
for the president of the Capitol?  I can make a mean cobbler! 

Anyway, our new house has a slight "reading all night" disadvantage over our old house.  In the old house when I wanted to stay up all night and read, I would drag my blankets and pillows into our bathtub and shut the door. Hey don't judge, it is surprisingly
comfortable in there. Think about your tub filled with blankets and pillows. It is a little reading cocoon. The bonus in the old house was the reading light was blocked out by the door. Should my slumbering "Mr." awake, he has no idea I am irresponsibly squandering my precious hours of sleep.  He thinks, well, he doesn't think I'm reading all night. But now, the new house has a big beautiful arch between the master and the master bath. Arch. No door. Light gives me away.

 "Go to sleep, Katie" he calls.

 I move to the family room.

 "Are you still up?" he asks when he is up for a midnight snack.

 Caught again. 

"I promise only a few more pages." I say.

 I move to the living room. 

An hour later, more calls from the bed..."You're going to be grouchy in the morning, Katie." 

But then genius strikes. This house has a guest room ! Yes! The guest room! Comfy bed! Newly decorated. My new haven of sleep wasting reading. I love you, new house. I really do.

Now back to the Games. Are you kidding! I'd have been dead in the
first 60 seconds because I would pass out thereby, triggering the explosives. If I didn't pass out, I can neither climb trees, nor run fast, nor fish, nor gather food (unless you count raiding a pantry of clearly marked boxes that say Cheez-its and Lucky Charms).

Peeta. That's all I'm going to say. Maybe she should have gone home, eaten a few of his bakery rolls, and tried him on for size. I mean I get it, Gale, but I don't get it..... I get it.  But then again at the end of the Phantom of the Opera I always feel a little bad for the phantom.... Like Katniss I do not forget debt easily.

Boob job: That would have been a score. Katniss would have gotten over it. I would have. Imagine awaking hungry, skinny, and big boobed! That sounds like a dream come true. I awake hungry, headed to the treadmill, and seeing my previously mention parts shrink along with my thighs. Although the Capitol might have thought it fashionable to make them look like two differently sized enormous lumps of coal as tribute to her district... so maybe not. Cinna was right... maybe...

What's gonna happen next. I am too tired to really care, but should I get myself to B&N today???

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Do it. I am also unsure of the ending of the 3rd but it is definitely worth the read still. It wasn't horrible, I'm just...unsure. I'm pretty sure the 2nd book was my favorite. I read them all in the fall (like all 3 in a matter of 10 days) so I get confused of events happening in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd sometimes but we saw the movie last night and it was really good. I thought it stuck well to the story and my husband, who hadn't read the books, also liked it.

    P.S. I totally feel bad for the Phantom, too!!! The first time I saw the show I was in middle school and have been in love with it ever since!

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, thank you. Im going to order the next books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I feel the love!

 
Back To Top